Installing SSH Client for Windows¶
We recommend to use the program MobaXterm on Windows. MobaXterm is a software that allows you to connect to an SSH server, much like PuTTy, but also maintains your SSH key.
Alternative SSH Clients for Windows
- Navigate to https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html
- Download either the
- Portable edition (blue button lefthand-side, if you have no admin rights, e.g. on a Charite or MDC workstation), or
- Installer edition (green button righthand-side, requires admin rights on your computer).
- Install or unpack MobaXterm and start the software. As a Charite user, please cancel any firewall warnings that pop up.
Software for Mounting the Cluster FS¶
In case you also want to mount the cluster file system in Windows, we recommend WinSshFS.
- Navigate to https://github.com/feo-cz/win-sshfs/releases/tag/126.96.36.199
- Download the Release188.8.131.52.zip file.
- Unpack and execute.